Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

Lush Jungle Solid Conditioner Review


I went into Lush last week and had a look at their solid conditioners and I was surprised to only see 1 type of solid conditioners because I would've love to have a variety to choose from to suit my individual needs. Anyway, gave it a sniff and I instantly hated it, it smelt weird, just way too strong.. a really unknowing kind of smell and I didn't want a bar of it.

I went in today and thought "**** it, I want to get off the bottle" (I already use a solid shampoo from them), I just picked it up and handed it over, paid and left. I continued to smell it throughout the day and it has really grown on me, I totally love the smell now. Smells herby and really fruity, but not a candy-sweet kind of fruity. It is a unique smell.



My hair is long, straight and medium in thickness and the Jungle solid conditioner wasn't too easy to glide through, I had to rub it into my hair quite a few times for it to feel like it had something in my hair, but once I combed it through I felt a huge difference, It did feel like it was dissolving quite a bit for a first time use and I think by the time you got through 1/2 a solid shampoo your conditioner would be finish. It didn't leave a greasy film in my hair which was my main concern. Looking back at the photo of my hair it seems like both sides are similar.

Left Side - Jungle solid Conditioner
Right Side - Supermarket Conditioner
Blown out then brushed. No extra product


What I like:
Slight smell remained in hair
Really light, not greasy - Great for daily use
No packaging

What I didn't like:
Hard to get into hair
Felt like it will dissolve quickly


I had HUGE doubts, but this conditioner actually works. I will continue using it and update if any changes


UPDATE:
After using this conditioner 3 times I would like to update my pros and cons

What I Liked: 
Slight smell remained in hair
No packaging

What I didn't like:
Annoyingly hard to get it into hair
Still feels like it is dissolving quickly
My husband saying he hates the smell
My hair feels super tangled all the time
My hair is quite oily the next day (my hair usually lasts 3 days)
Quite a lot more expensive than a regular conditioner (probably won't last as long also)

I rate this 2/5
I expected the solid conditioner to be as good as the solid shampoo. I was wrong.
I don't feel like this conditioner is best for my hair type and I would recommend it for someone with fine and normal hair

You can break parts of Jungle Solid Conditioner off and dissolve it in a small dish of hot water and use it that way, but I won't do that before every shower or bath (I would most likely forget then start cursing in the shower)


You can purchase it here:
Lush NZ
Lush USA

No comments:

Post a Comment