Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder Review

I have used Smashbox's Halo Hydrating Perfecting Power (what a mouth full!) on and off for the last 7 years and I always go back to it. I use to sell Smashbox and this was one of the top 5 products that was always repurchased. This pressed mineral powder comes in a large black-matte compact (and mirror) with a built in shaver that you twist to shave off the top layer of the powder. Simply swish your brush around and apply.

Smashbox's Halo is oil-free, paraben-free and talc-fee, there are 48 minerals and 11 amino acids in Halo which helps with anti-aging benefits. In fact Smashbox claim that after 10 minutes there is a 33% decrease in wrinkles around the eyes and after 6 weeks there is a 67% decrease on fine lines and wrinkles overall! Pretty big claim, but unfortunately I cannot test that theory myself because... I have no wrinkles (I thank my asian background)



The Halo powder itself is very, very fine and applied to the skin feels like velvet and gives a glowing warmth to the skin. The coverage is light and will even out skin tone while giving a warm, luminous glow. If you would like better coverage you can use this on top of your liquid or creme foundation to set it. 
There is only one thing I don't like about this product.. the clasp that keeps the compact close regularly fails in a couple months with each Halo I have ever bought.

Smashbox also doesn't test on animals! Yay! :) They also don't sell their products in countries that requires cosmetic products/ingredients to be tested on animals to demonstrate safety

Swatch of Halo in Light



No comments:

Post a Comment