Pages

Saturday 21 March 2015

VS Sassoon Curl Secret Review

The idea for VS Sassoon Curl Secret is great, an easy way to curl your hair for someone not use to using straighteners or tongs. You will get even curls in both directions (you smart little thing) and all you only need to place the hair in the barrel and let it do its thang.
At first glance, Curl Secret looks easy to use, you take a section of your hair, place it in the gap and close the handles. It is that easy, but it is also very, very easy to get your hair caught, caught so badly that I have contemplated getting the scissors out (It gets easier the more you use it and I believe I have mastered this machine after 5 different attempts).
Make sure your hair is clean, tangle free (VERY IMPORTANT) and free of unnecessary product (heat protection is fine).
Divide your hair in 3, top section, left and right, Start at the base of your neck on either the left of right section, taking about 1/2-1 inch sections, twisting it slightly in your hand as per next image (this helped me to prevent it getting caught) and place in barrel. Take it out once the quick beeps sound and voila!
The image above to the left is my natural hair blown-out and the second is my hair curled with VS Sassoon Curl Secret and fingers run though, no products.
It takes me about 30 minutes to do my full head of hair (at first it took me an hour), medium/long in length and medium thickness and I think the results are amazing~!

Likes:
Perfectly even curls
Curls in both directions (automatic feature)
Easy to clean
Choice of timer settings

Dislikes:
How long the process takes
My hair getting caught in this machine (this becomes less the more you use it)
No hair release option when stuck (and the panic)
No size of curl control, but obviously the less seconds it is held in place the looser the curl

No comments:

Post a Comment